Thursday, February 05, 2015

The Gervais Principle

Jeff, a friend on mine, pointed me to a blog post today (The Gervais Principle) and suggested that I read it.  It's actually a series of posts and I've only read the first one.  I've added the others to my reading list.  Some of the quotes that I thoroughly enjoyed.
So why is promoting over-performing Losers logical? The simple reason is that if you over-perform at the Loser level, it is clear that you are an idiot. You’ve already made a bad bargain, and now you’re delivering more value than you need to, making your bargain even worse.  
He knows his under-performance is not sustainable, but he has no intention of becoming a lifetime-Loser employee anyway. He takes the calculated risk that he’ll find a way up before he is fired for incompetence.
He is oblivious to the fact that the Sociopaths use Powertalk as a coded language with which to simultaneously sustain the (necessary) delusions of the Clueless and communicate with each other.
I'll post a bit more (or intend to) as I dive into the others.

No comments: